On March 20th, the MedTech Innovator team held their Northeast Regional Showcase at Pulse@MassChallenge, Boston, featuring pitches from noteworthy medical device, diagnostic and digital health companies. Attendees earned the chance to pick the brains of MedTech Innovator partners, investors, providers and senior execs from big name medical technology companies.
Many competed with raw talent and devoted vision in the field, but only one could top the vote as the audience winner, securing a closer look from the judges in scoring a spot in the MedTech Innovator Showcase – which takes place at the MedTech Conference in September.
The Audience Votes Are In
& the winner is… Brain Spec! As a startup “making the virtual biopsy a reality” with their comprehensive web based software, designed to make MRS technology accessible to clinicians & researchers alike, Brain Spec wowed the audience and took home the #1 vote. With cutting edge data processing and automatic reporting – accessible from anywhere – Brain Spec’s “revolutionary new software package combines the latest processing technology with an intuitive and accessible interface to put all the power of MR spectroscopy in the hands of doctors everywhere.”
Meet the Competition
Competitors held strong (and still have a chance to win big at the final Conference) bringing their expertise from every corner of the medtech sphere.
- Biorez, off-the-shelf, fully bioresorbable tissue-engineered scaffold implants that remodel into functional tissue
- Bitome, portable hydration monitor for managing congestive heart failure
- Bloomer Tech, biometric sensors in everyday clothing that collect and analyze data, making it accessible to users, doctors and medical professionals for real time personalized healthcare
- De Novo Labs, product development through R&D and innovation for laboratory diagnostics and medical research, developing quality immunological tools to serve unmet demands of the industry
- MyA Health, personalized financial advisors for your healthcare
- ProterixBio, chronic disease management through novel bioclinical analytics and digital health technologies
- UrSure, patient friendly urine tests that measure adherence to PrEP and HIV treatments
- X-Cor Therapeutics, dialysis for lung function
- Pillo Health, healthcare companion (think Siri & Alexa) for your home
- Infinity, transcatheter mitral valve technology delivered via 14 French catheters
- NE Scientific, scientific computing, medical image analysis, modeling and visualization
- Nia Therapeutics, neurostimulation therapies that treat memory impairment
Several companies above still have a chance to take home the grand prize, as the Regional Showcases serve more as a way to help funnel these startups down to two tracks in the program: Showcase and Accelerator.
MedTech Innovator Showcase
Fifty companies will be selected from the MedTech Innovator Pitch rounds to the Showcase program, which prominently features the most innovative companies from around the world each year at two leading industry conferences. Showcase companies receive coaching and high profile visibility at the WSGR Medical Device conference in June and The MedTech Innovator Showcase program at The MedTech Conference in September. Among many benefits, MedTech Innovator Showcase companies receive full conference scholarships, are featured in expert panels and gain access to exclusive partnering and networking.
MedTech Innovator Accelerator
Twenty companies will receive a place in the MedTech Innovator Accelerator, a four month virtual program from June through September. Accelerator companies have an unparalleled opportunity to receive continual in-depth, customized mentorship from senior leaders in the medtech industry. The accelerator commences with a three day kickoff event in San Francisco in June which includes exclusive networking, workshops and pitching with investors, manufacturers, providers and customers. All 20 Accelerator companies receive complimentary registration to the WSGR Medical Device Conference, where they have opportunities to showcase their company and compete to present for a $25K value award and a profile in the MedTech Strategist. The Accelerator program concludes with all 20 companies participating in the Accel Leadership Seminar, the MedTech Innovator Showcase and an opportunity to compete to present in the finals at The MedTech Conference.
Visit here to learn even more about the MedTech competition, showcases & conferences.